Covid Mask Policy
To keep our community healthy and safe, we have implemented a strict cleaning procedure as well as taken other precautions per the advise of the CDC, state, and vaccination data points for our county.
We base our mask policy on risk level data for our community (Allegheny County).
The data we use to make our policy is from Covid Act Now. The following is how the policy will change based on the risk level data.
- SEVERE level: Masks to be worn all times by unvaccinated customers or customers that do not want to share their proof of vaccination. Masks are also required for vaccinated customers at all times except when on your bike or mat.
- Very High level: Masks to be worn all times by unvaccinated customers or customers that do not want to share their proof of vaccination.
- High level: Masks to be worn when not on your mat or bike by unvaccinated customers or customers that do not want to share their proof of vaccination.
- Medium level: Masks are highly encouraged for unvaccinated customers and proof of vaccination is not required.
- Low level: Masks are optional for all customers and proof of vaccination is not required.
Currently, our mask policy is (as of January 4th, 2022)
Like all small businesses, we've had to dissect data and make what we believe are the best educated decisions for the safety of you and our staff. We will continue to assess this policy and make necessary changes in the future.
- When entering the studio, please have a mask on.
- At your own choice, show staff your vaccination card (or a photo of it) and tell them if you are okay with us marking your account with a vaccinated flag in fitDEGREE (no one else can see this status but internal staff).
- We understand that your vaccination status if you own information to share, or not share. If you do not feel comfortable sharing your vaccination information with us, we respect your privacy, and you will need to wear a mask at all times when in in the studio (yes, that means on your bike/mat).
- If you don't feel comfortable with us storing a flag in the system but do feel comfortable showing us proof of vaccination, just bring proof of your vaccination every time you come to the studio.
- Once you've shown proof of vaccination, you may remove your mask WHEN on your bike or mat. You also can keep it on if you prefer!
- If you've chosen to store a flag in your account, you don't need to show proof every time you arrive at the studio.
- Optionally, you can email us a photo of your card with permission to store the flag, and we'll update your account before you come into the studio.
Our cleaning standards will continue to be the highest level with assistance from our air purifiers in both studio rooms. We are always open to hearing suggestions if you have any, we're all in this together. There is a suggestion box located in the lounge if you prefer dropping us something there instead of email.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in keeping our community safe.
The limit to yoga and bootcamp class sizes is being kept lower at this time than we can hold to ensure that students have adequate space between their mats. In the future, we may increase the number of students in yoga and bootcamp classes, but there is no timeline for that change at this time. Our cycling room is equipped to hold 14 students, which does allow adequate space between bikes.
We have air purification and ionizers in both the cycling and yoga rooms. They run before, during, and after every class. The cycling room also is equipped with a dehumidifier to remove water particles from the air and keep the room cooler during your ride.
Any equipment (weights, blocks, mats, towels, booty bands, etc) that is available to be used has been cleaned. All used equipment after class is placed is a separate bin so that staff can clean it before putting it back out to be used again. We ask that everyone cleans their bike after their class, and we do a deeper clean with more powerful cleaner every day or in between cycle classes. Bolsters are cleaned after use with an upholstery steam cleaner, as are the fabric seating areas and rugs in our space. Our floors are swept, vacuumed, and mopped with the use of cleaner. Each instructor has been provided with their own windscreen for their microphone to keep our staff safe.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out directly via email.
Mats are available to rent for $2/day. You may use the same mat for multiple classes within a day. The rental fee helps to offset cleaning costs and wear and tear (and replacement) of our rental mats.
If you are an unlimited member or on the New Student Special trial, mat rental fees are waived for you.
CANCELLATION & NO SHOW POLICY
CLASS CANCELLATIONS: Reservations may be cancelled without penalty by cancelling up to 2 hours prior to the class start time. This may be done online via a client’s account, or by calling or texting the studio during regular operating hours and confirming with studio staff. Once the class is cancelled within this time, the client will not be charged a cancellation fee.
If you do not cancel within the 2-hour window, a late-cancel fee of $5 will be charged to your account and the class will be returned (if using a class pack). If you do not have a working card on file, your account will be suspended until you update your card to pay your cancellation fee.
Cancellations via electronic mail (email), Facebook messenger, Instagram or other social media, voice message are not valid and the member will be charged the cancellation fee of $5.
NO SHOWS: If you do not cancel and do not show up to your scheduled class, your class will be forfeited if you are using a class pack or drop in or a no-show fee of $19 will be charged to your account.
These policies are in place to ensure space is available in classes for waitlisted students, for mutual respect between our community, and for accountability. You can always call to discuss any fees associated with cancellations or no shows. We understand that sometimes things happen that are out of our control, please call or text us if you are in a situation that warrants compassionate understanding.
Policy for Minors in the Studio
Minors 14 years old and older may attend classes with permission from a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must complete the liability waiver form prior to the minor attending class.
Individuals over 18 do not require a parent or guardian signature.
No children under the age of 14 may be left in the studio unattended by a parent or guardian. We are not licensed as a child care center and will not watch your children while you attend class. Children under 14 may not be in the room during class.
If you have specific questions regarding our policy on children, please reach out.
No pets are allowed in the studio, unless they are a service animal. Please contact us ahead of time if you wish to bring your service animal into the studio so we can make the staff aware.