Covid, Mask Policy, + Cleaning Protocols
To keep our community healthy and safe, we have implemented a strict cleaning procedure as well as taken other precautions per the advise of the CDC, state, and vaccination data points for our county.
Currently, our mask policy is (as of August 24th, 2021)
Like all small businesses, we've had to dissect data and make what we believe are the best educated decisions for the safety of you and our staff. Based on the latest data and Allegheny county's high risk level now, we are updating our mask policy. We will continue to assess the policy and make necessary changes in the future.
- When entering the studio, please have a mask on until you provide proof of vaccination to the front desk.
- At your own choice, show staff your vaccination card (or a photo of it) and tell them if you are okay with us marking your account with a vaccinated flag in fitDEGREE (no one else can see this status but internal staff).
- We understand that your vaccination status if you own information to share, or not share. If you do not feel comfortable sharing your vaccination information with us, we respect your privacy, and you will need to wear a mask at all times when in in the studio (yes, that means on your bike/mat).
- If you don't feel comfortable with us storing a flag in the system but do feel comfortable showing us proof of vaccination, just bring proof of your vaccination every time you come to the studio.
- Once you've shown proof of vaccination, you may remove your mask if you wish. You also can keep it on if you prefer!
- If you've chosen to store a flag in your account, you don't need to wear your mask when entering the studio as staff will know you are vaccinated by looking at your account.
- Optionally, you can email us a photo of your card with permission to store the flag, and we'll update your account before you come into the studio.
Our cleaning standards will continue to be the highest level with assistance from our air purifiers in both studio rooms. We are always open to hearing suggestions if you have any, we're all in this together. There is a suggestion box located in the lounge if you prefer dropping us something there instead of email.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in keeping our community safe.
The limit to yoga and bootcamp class sizes is being kept lower at this time than we can hold to ensure that students have adequate space between their mats. In the future, we may increase the number of students in yoga and bootcamp classes, but there is no timeline for that change at this time. Our cycling room is equipped to hold 14 students, which does allow adequate space between bikes.
We have air purification and ionizers in both the cycling and yoga rooms. They run before, during, and after every class. The cycling room also is equipped with a dehumidifier to remove water particles from the air and keep the room cooler during your ride.
Any equipment (weights, blocks, mats, towels, booty bands, etc) that is available to be used has been cleaned. All used equipment after class is placed is a separate bin so that staff can clean it before putting it back out to be used again. We ask that everyone cleans their bike after their class, and we do a deeper clean with more powerful cleaner every day or in between cycle classes. Bolsters are cleaned after use with an upholstery steam cleaner, as are the fabric seating areas and rugs in our space. Our floors are swept, vacuumed, and mopped with the use of cleaner. Each instructor has been provided with their own windscreen for their microphone to keep our staff safe.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to reach out directly via email.