Cycle Teacher Training
This 2 month in depth training will provide you with all the knowledge and experience you need to create and lead amazing cycle classes and make a difference in the lives of your students. It's unlike any other cycle teacher training in Pittsburgh!
Most trainings spend less than 8 hours skimming the surface of some of the things you need to know to provide an impactful experience for you students. Our program is 60 hours of training.
We know because we've taken those trainings. We've walked out of those doors feeling terrified to lead a class and not sure what to do next.
With our program, you'll step onto the instructor bike knowing that you have everything you need to create an impactful experience for your students. You'll learn to create classes for more than just burning calories - but for the physical and mental changes that you already know cycling can create. Imagine sharing all of that with a room full of students.
Whether you are looking to lead cycle classes in 2023, deepen your connection to your own ride, or build your confidence by understanding the details and dynamics of a cycling class - this training is for you.
Your students are waiting. You are ready for this. Let's go.
Topics to be covered in depth:
- Correct bike setup for individual bodies
- Proper form, positions, + appropriate RPMs
- Clear and concise cueing
- Variety of movements and drills
- Finding your voice, authenticity, & confidence while providing motivation and support
- Music and playlists
- Structuring your classes
- Inclusive and body positive language when teaching
- Business side of being an instructor
- Creating a connection with your students
- Marketing your classes
- Plenty of space for questions and discussion
How we create the instructor in you:
- Create confidence to lead a cycle class publicly by the end of training
- Feedback from peers and instructors on your teaching
- 2 months of unlimited classes
- 60 total hours of training
- 3 in depth weekends
- Tuesday evening teaching labs
- Peer group work and teaching
- Experience teaching peers and instructors
- Opportunity to teach at least one public community class
- Space is limited to ensure each trainee receives individual attention and feedback
Training will be led by Karyna Kerin Goldman and include other instructors for various portions of the training weekends for their expertise. Karyna has been teaching cycling, yoga, and other group exercise classes for over 6 years. She's taken three cycling certifications, completed her 200 hour yoga certification and is over halfway through her 500 hour yoga certification. She owns a physical and virtual studio in Pittsburgh and provides mentorship for instructors on staff. With her expertise, experience, and knowledge combined with your energy and spirit - you're bound to become an excellent cycling instructor.
Payment plan option available by request. Email us for details.
Why they've Signed up
Hear from graduated instructors on why they decided to sign up for training.
- The program’s structure is conducive to building the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to successfully instruct a class. I like that the CTT provides a thorough curriculum that covers a variety of topics from anatomy to bike setup to curating a playlist. We all know the positive difference a knowledgable instructor can make from the moment you walk into the studio, through class, and post-class.
- The timing over three months (60 hours, 5 non-consecutive weekends) allows for time to truly understand what it takes to be a good instructor while still providing flexibility to fulfill the commitment as part of my normal, busy schedule.
- Beyond having Karyna, who is an awesome instructor, lead the training, I really like that other members of the TF team will be contributing, too. Having attended virtual and in-person classes at the studio from several instructors, having them as additional mentors and CTT teachers will be a priceless resource.
- The opportunity to teach before training is complete is a huge benefit. This will help to build the confidence that’s crucial to delivering a good and fun class for the instructor and students.